TERRA-MEPP has developed two models of autonomous robots to transform data collection and field scouting for agronomists, seed companies and farmers.
This compact, lightweight robot works beneath the crop canopy individually or in a fleet to analyze the whole plant, unlike drones, providing real-time data and analytics on plant traits. Translate data to measure early vigor, identify diseases, and estimate biomass production via a cloud-based platform.
- Dimensions: 20” (l) x 13” (w) x 13” (h)
- Weight: <30 lbs
- Length of operation: 8 hours
Become an early adopter and purchase TerraSentia with exclusive offers including a warranty and buy-back program through our campus start-up company EarthSense.
- Robot equipped with autonomous navigation and three sensors to collect data
- Tablet complete with first-person controller app
- Cloud software to store data and teach the robot to identify new traits
This larger, industrial-strength platform is ideal for exploratory field research to identify novel measurements or to collect precise measurements for calibration. Equip it with heavier, above-the-canopy sensors such as hyperspectral cameras that reveal photosynthetic potential and stress responses.
- Dimensions: 19” (w) x 44” (l) x 144” (h)*
- Weight: 150 lbs*
- Length of operation: 8 hrs*